After a hectic Fourth of July that had fans of both the Celtics and the Jazz on edge for hours, Danny Ainge and Co. finally got the star they'd been after this offseason, as Gordon Hayward finally announced himself that he was indeed going to rejoin Brad Stevens and play for the Boston Celtics.
Nothing can be commented on officially, until the NBA's moratorium on announcing free agency signings ends Thursday, but there are enough side reports going around to fill up FedExForum.
On the other hand, the Boston Celtics seem to be the only team that could bring a package worthy of luring Gasol from the Grizzlies.
Jae Crowder is another player the Celtics have looked into dealing in order to clear cap space. With Hayward, Boston might be better equipped to contend with the Cavaliers in the Eastern Conference Finals.
The question now is what the Celtics do with all these forwards. Seeing as the Celtics have plenty of wings with the up and coming duo of Jaylen Brown and talented rookie scorer Jayson Tatum, oh, and Gordon Hayward, there's a good chance that Crowder leaves. That's incredible value for an above-average defender who averaged 13.9 points per game last season, and whose intangibles and skill set are coveted by many teams throughout the league.
It is really easy to see Gasol improving the Celtics significantly, but for now, no deal is believed to be imminent.
Outside of a few exceptions, this type of stuff has been limited to the NBA in recent years.
Marc Gasol to Celtics: Could Boston pursue big man in Feb. 2018?
The one team that Jae Crowder appears to be linked to the most, based on previous rumors, is the Atlanta Hawks.
According to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, Anthony would be willing to waive his no-trade clause to join the Cavaliers or Houston Rockets should either team make an offer for him. His 5.4 nERD was tied for 41st out of 486 NBA players.
The Celtics are trying to keep its pace in the league's "superteam" era. The Celtics need to move salary - likely Crowder, Marcus Smart or Avery Bradley - to pay Hayward the max, but they don't need Utah to facilitate.
- Huge iceberg calving from Antarctic at alarming speed
- Listo el camino del Tri Sub-17 para el Mundial India 2017
- Premios Juventud 2017: Hora y canal de transmisión en vivo
- A los 94 años, falleció el humorista gráfico Landrú
- Nikki Haley hints at North Korea strike
- Por segundo día consecutivo SCJ conoce apelaciones sometieron imputados caso Odebrecht
- Messi cambió los 21 meses de prisión por 252 mil euros
- Pemex es la víctima en el caso Odebrecht: González Anaya
- Se enojó con la umpire y le arrojó monedas — Insólito
- "Nobody really knows" who interfered in the election — Trump