"I played good. I was clear about what I had to do, we have played a lot together".
The 37-year-old is the oldest player to reach the last four since Martina Navratilova in 1994.
The Spaniard is through to the semi-finals after another impressive display, dumping out two-time Grand Slam champ Svetlana Kuznetsova 6-3 6-4 in 1hr15mins.
Aside from her 2015 final appearance Wimbledon has been a tough place for the 14th seed but the addition of former champion Conchita Martinez to her team for the championships appears to be having the desired effect. Then it was again everything even. Second break in the second set, it's pretty simple.
The match offered a graphic contrast in styles - Muguruza's height and slowly-gathered power against Kuznetsova's quick-footed, low-slung pugilism. I'm a completely different player.
She's tumbled down the rankings after failing to defend her French Open title at Roland Garros but this victory arrests the slide with a return to the top ten imminent.
Ostapenko was only a few weeks old when Williams made her Wimbledon debut 20 years ago.
She was immediately punished as Muguruza did not make the same mistake in the subsequent game, breaking Kuznetsova to love, before serving with aplomb to forge a one-set lead in the quarter-final. I think it's great these coaches can work more their job.
- New Moto G5S Plus Details Leaked
- Papa Francisco decreta nuevo método para ser santo
- All-Star Game-winning home run earns Robinson Cano MVP acclaim
- Aseguran 21 camiones y contenedores con combustible en Puebla
- Rodríguez Zapatero, clave en la salida de prisión de Leopoldo López
- ¡OMG! Gianluca Vacchi ¡¿salió del clóset?!
- México debuta con el pie derecho y gana a El Salvador
- Marisa Glave: "No podíamos seguir bajo imposición y arbitrariedad del Frente Amplio"
- Hay muchas cosas del acuerdo de paz que no me gustan — Santos
- Boca acelera la gestión por el paraguayo Jesús Medina