The Mariners' first run came courtesy of Kyle Seager's solo home run in the fourth, which began with Sox starter Derek Holland's behind-the-back snag of Robinson Cano's screaming bouncer. The two shared a lot of good times in Texas, including back-to-back AL pennants in 2010 and 2011. "You play a major league ballgame you want to play every team as cleanly as possible because you know at any moment someone could take advantage of those particular situations". On Saturday night, he hit a go-ahead homer in the sixth inning.
Hernandez was charged with three runs, one earned, and six hits in five innings in his second straight win. Sure, you can get your revenge and get ejected, but it's so much sweeter to keep your cool and single-handedly beat your opponent with a big hit later.
Nelson Cruz instead used his history with White Sox pitcher Derek Holland to have some fun after being hit by the pitch. The next couple of weeks will be very telling to see the direction this club decides to go.
Cruz may have been messing with a teammate in this instance, but he did provide a pretty valuable lesson to anyone considering charging the mound in anger.
Moore gave up homers to Avisail Garcia and Omar Narvaez in a three-run second inning, and another homer to Garcia in a two-run third before the Mariners went to their bullpen. It looked like he might be going to pick up the ball at first, but then follows Cruz up the line just in case the designated hitter decided to charge.
The White Sox acquired minor league infielder Yeyson Yrizarri from the Rangers for international signing bonus pool money. "But I don't think anybody's really worried about it. I think everybody understands if they do get traded now, it's to a team that is hopefully in the mix to be in the playoffs".
"He just didn't have the fastball command", Servais said.
Mariners: Seattle heads to Houston for three games with the AL West-leading Astros. Ariel Miranda (7-4, 4.15) pitches for Seattle opposite Lance McCullers Jr.
White Sox: After a day off Monday, the White Sox will play host to LHP Clayton Kershaw (14-2) and the Los Angeles Dodgers on Tuesday for the first of two games. Andrew Moore will start game three and is 1-1 with a 3.86 ERA and 10 strikeouts this season.
- Miss Sudáfrica es criticada por usar guantes al visitar niños con VIH
- Totti, listo para nueva etapa, como dirigente de la Roma
- South Korea seeks rare talks with North to ease military tensions
- 'Kingdom Hearts 3': Sora visits 'Toy Story' in new gameplay trailer
- Real Madrid - Bayern Munich, desafío entre colosos
- Apple presenta sus nuevos diseños de emojis
- Registra Acapulco 30% de cancelaciones por cierre del Paso Express
- "Chicharito" en la mira del West Ham. En ESPN
- Anaya es un mentiroso por contienda electoral en Coahuila — Ochoa Reza
- Japan says time for pressure, not dialogue with N.Korea