The statement also said, according to Days of Palestine, that the Israeli occupation authorities will open the crossing on 24 September only to close it once again on 29-30 September.
The Greek-based Association of International Marathons and Distances Races organization said it had to exclude the Israeli marathon to comply with "international public law".
Since IDF soldier Gilad Shalit was released in 2011 in exchange for 1,027 Palestinian prisoners, senior government ministers have cooled on the idea of prisoner swaps.
The Israeli occupation authorities are insisting to impose the Zionist syllabus, which contradicts our religion, values and history.
IDF detains 2 Palestinians who entered Israel from Gaza
Karem Abu-Salem is the only operating commercial crossing through which Israel drops few amounts of the needed commodities to Gaza residents. They often do so with the intention of getting caught, seeking to escape the harsh circumstances in the Strip. This is a rarity for an international NGO. Should it not, it vowed to resist "the unjust and politicized denial of membership to the world's oldest running event in every forum available to us".
Next month's Bible Marathon stretches from central Israel to the settlement of Shiloh, tracing a path described in the Book of Samuel.
But, it's those grieving and burdened families that Maurer seems most interested in helping, and he says efforts to free those being held in Gaza will continue in full force.
- Alfredo del Mazo rindió protesta como gobernador del Estado de México
- Marcha a 41 años de la "Noche de los Lápices"
- Severino and Gregorius lead Yankees to 8-2 win over Orioles
- Inflación de agosto fue de 1,4% — INDEC
- Caso Caval: Fiscalía solicita formalización de yerno de Joaquín Lavín
- Trump's dinner with democrats ends with no agreement on issues
- Google faces gender pay equality suit; class action possible
- Tremenda acusación de la Bomba Tucumana a Brian Lanzelotta: "Casi me golpea"
- Bogotá: la lucha de Colombia contra narcotráfico sigue en pie
- Menna participa de encuentro nacional de Cambiemos