"I wanted to wait for my timing", Rockhold said.
Of course, mixed martial arts is a weird and unpredictable thing. Branch tapped from the barrage of stoppage. It was one of those improbable upsets that mixed martial arts sometimes throws your way just to keep you from getting too comfortable. He's grown bitter, and who can blame him?
Bisping is still champion.
Bisping is scheduled to fight George St. Pierre in November. But now, at least he put a scratch back in the win column. "I'm comfortable, and I'm excited to get in there and throw down with this guy".
Fight Network, the world's premier 24/7 multi-platform channel dedicated to complete coverage of combat sports, presents three live mixed martial arts events this weekend, highlighted by the live prelims for UFC FIGHT NIGHT®: Rockhold vs. Branch on Saturday, Sept. 16 at 8:00 p.m. ET.
On Saturday night in Pittsburgh, ex-UFC middleweight champion Luke Rockhold finally rebounded from his June 2016 loss to Michael Bisping, finishing former two-weight WSOF champ David Branch with grounded strikes in the second round of the UFC Fight Night 116 main event. I'll be ready for November. He couldn't get much action going and Branch easily took round one.
The American said pre-fight that he was ready and willing to step in for St-Pierre should the Canadian not be ready and able to go at 217 - and if everything goes to plan for Rockhold, he may be the man Whittaker ends up fighting for the title in 2018. Rockhold looked sluggish. All of the things he used to do better than anyone, well, he just didn't do them quite as well. A late takedown from Rockhold to close out the round saw the momentum shift, and also gave everyone an indication what was to come next. The New York-based fighter enters the contest riding an 11-fight winning streak. "I might have. They posted (my knockout of Jake Ellenberger) this week and said it was the 'Knockout of the Week.' He might have seen that and replayed it in his head".
After the fight, Rockhold took the opportunity to send a message to St-Pierre. "Don't embarrass yourself GSP, back out". Referee Dan Miragliotta stopped the fight at the 4:05 mark. Lombard clinched up later in the round, and worked Smith's legs over with knees.
- Un River alternativo juega ante San Martín (SJ)
- "Hubo algún contacto del Barcelona, pero nunca los escuché" — Isco Alarcón
- Famosa modelo de bikinis tiene una espantosa muerte
- Mariana Pajón, la reina en la Copa Mundo de BMX en Argentina
- Destrozaron a Guillermina Valdés
- Vicepresidente de Perú llega a Cochabamba para reunión sobre tren bioceánico
- Guerrero reporta inundaciones y daños en carreteras por huracán "Max"
- Esta película impresiona tanto que es imposible verla más de 15 segundos
- Diálogo entre el gobierno venezolano y la oposición sigue mañana
- Casa Blanca: posición sobre Acuerdo de París no ha cambiado