No one saw this one coming.
"Buffon is an idol in the football world".
And as his replacement, Fabrizio Caligara, replaced him Higuain appeared to swear at the Nou Camp fans.
The fact that the win came against the very team that knocked Barcelona out of the competition, at the quarter-final stage, last season, made it all the more pleasing.
ON THE MODEL - "I still have to decide on the form, but the characteristics of the players in the field allow me to change".
The first half was dull, apart from long-range attempts by Miralem Pjanic and Mattia De Sciglio for Juventus, until Messi struck just before the interval.
"It is always better to face this calibre of game after some victories with good sensations", added Valverde. "We will keep focused on winning and adding points". Mikael Lustig's 83rd-minute own goal and Cavani's angled header two minutes later heaped more misery on the Scottish champions. The goal was such a standard left-footer goal that Arjen Robben should feel heartened when he watches it. Messi got the ball on the right side of the box, cut inside, faked the shot to commit the defenders and then once again rooted Buffon to the spot from the middle.
It was 2-0 at halftime but a second half brace to Michy Batshuayi helped to embarrass Qarabag. Before that, it makes its Champions League debut against Apoel.
This is another Champions League campaign, we are just at the beginning.
"Inside the club we need to maintain calm because we know how difficult every game is".
Although the Argentine international struggled to influence the game on Tueday night, Dybala looks set to take over Messi's throne over the next few years.
The ESPN FC panel credit Ernesto Valverde for getting Barcelona back to their best following Luis Enrique's exit.
- SpaceX releases rocket explosion blooper reel
- Mara Fernanda fue violada y estrangulada: Fiscalía General de Puebla
- Reportan balacera en Gran Plaza de Cancún
- Hillary Says No 'Absolution' For Women Who Didn't Vote For Her
- ISIS se atribuyó el atentado en el metro de Londres
- Trump desmintió un acuerdo con los demócratas para proteger a los "soñadores"
- R.Dominicana agradece apoyo de EEUU a contacto Gobierno y oposición Venezuela
- Mbappe, Neymar, Cavani score as PSG destroy Celtic
- Red Bulls set pace as McLaren trigger upheaval
- Casa Blanca: posición sobre Acuerdo de París no ha cambiado