The Blue Jays dominated the Yankees on Friday.
The sad fact Bautista likely won't be playing out his golden years on the Skydome pastures means that we'll have to remember him not by the counting stat records you'd find in Baseball Almanac, but by his absurd rate stats.
Hernandez's homer to left starting the third inning broke a 1-1 tie, and Martin hiked the Blue Jays' advantage to 4-1 an inning later with a laser to left that cleared the fence with Bautista on first via a leadoff walk.
TORONTO (AP) - Blue Jays shortstop Ryan Goins used the hidden-ball trick to retire New York Yankees slugger Todd Frazier on Friday night. In the sixth inning, he crushed one. They went into the game being able to clinch a Wild Card spot with a win and losses by the Texas Rangers and Los Angeles Angels.
In his 5.2 innings, Tanaka was charged with seven earned runs on six hits and three walks. Goins faked throwing the ball back to pitcher Marco Estrada, then tagged Frazier after he stepped off of second base.
The loss matched the Yankees' worst of the season, as they also were whipped 8-1 by Houston on July 2 at Yankee Stadium. It was Judge's 46th homer of the year, leaving him three shy of tying Mark McGwire's rookie record set in 1989. Tanaka stranded him there by getting Pillar on a routine fly to right.
Their three-game winning streak is over.
It seems like Aaron Judge Girardi and Gary Sanchez Cashman have been given an incredible amount of Aaron Judge to run one of Gary Sanchez most valuable franchises in Aaron Judge way they Gary Sanchez.
The Blue Jays (72-82) tied it in the bottom half, with Tanaka only partially to blame. New York landed in Canada with a comfortable nine game lead in the wild card race, but three games behind the Red Sox in the AL East.
When he sent a Masahiro Tanaka offering over the wall, the 42,153 at the open-roofed dome erupted, a rare late-season treat on a final weekend of baseball here that has come sooner than the past couple of autumns. At a minimum of 4,000 PA, Bautista is the all-time franchise leader in walk rate (15.3%) and wRC+ (139). That's partly a testament to Delgado's swing-away mentality, but more so it captures the unwavering patience and plate discipline that has defined Bautista's career as a Blue Jay.
- "Puerto Rico quedó totalmente arrasado" tras paso de María — Donald Trump
- Real Madrid se quedará sin Marcelo por seis semanas
- Andrade, exdirector de la ANI no aceptó los cargos
- Laver Cup: Europa se adelanta 2-0 a Resto del Mundo
- Frente Amplio propone eliminar financiamiento a partidos a partir de 2018
- " "La emotiva canción para Santiago: "¿Dónde está mi hermano Santi?"
- Trump llama "loco" al mandatario norcoreano Kim Jong Un
- Busca PRI donar dinero de campañas
- "Aguanta por favor", mujer grita a su hermano atrapado en escombros
- GNB detiene a periodista holandés en Puerto Ayacucho #22Sep