The Argentine coach's effusive praise suggests that Tottenham are not likely to part willingly with the unerringly clinical striker.
According to El Confidencial, manager Zidane 'knows that he is a player with whom he can not count for a third of the season, at best'.
Modric is widely considered one of the world's best midfielders, but he is 32-years-old and approaching the latter stages of his career.
Injuries are piling up for Real Madrid ahead of Tottenham game. On the one hand, Portugal and France both qualified for Russia as group winners, sparing Cristiano Ronaldo and Raphael Varane from the European playoffs. The 31-year-old has played just once this season.
Naturally, few outside the Bernabeu will shed too many tears over Zidane's continuous injury concerns, a situation that led to the departure of the reportedly unpopular Jesus Olmo as chief of the medical department last summer. All the players make it difficult for me when picking the team.
The three superstars being Gareth Bale, Karim Benzema, and Luka Modric - yeah, I know right!
It is quite surprising to see that Madrid would be ready to let go of three of their biggest players in recent history. Bale has had his injury issues and has largely failed to justify the world-record transfer that brought him to Madrid.
Ideally Bale would be the only player included in the swap deal but the fact he is so injury prone has devalued the Welshman significantly. Whether he is worth the quoted price of £179m is a matter worth arguing about. The champions are already seven points behind Barcelona and although it is clearly too early to draw conclusions from seven games, Zidane himself admitted "this is not a brilliant period for us" after the 2-1 win at Alaves - a victory inspired by a summer signing, Dani Ceballos, who was making his Liga debut for the club.
- Denuncia IEEPCO a agresores de funcionarios electorales
- DT de Chile deja la selección tras eliminación
- Mexicano reportado como desaparecido aparece muerto en Irlanda
- Schwartzman no pudo con Federer en Shanghai
- Magistrados abandonaron residencia del embajador de Chile en Caracas
- Microsoft ends support for Windows 10 November Update and Office 2007
- Emilio Lozoya solicita amparo por caso Odebrecht
- Proyecto que busca prohibir uso del asbesto fue aprobado en primer debate
- Bichi Borghi se cruzó contra un periodista luego de eliminación chilena
- Este 15-O ganará la paz en Venezuela — Cabello