Ronaldo was on hand for the birth of Alana Martina after being rested by Portugal coach Fernando Santos for friendly matches against Saudi Arabia and the United States during the ongoing international break.
It also transpires that Florentino Perez's interest in former Monaco hitman Kylian M'Bappe was considered to be a "lack of respect", according to a report from El Chiringuito.
The award, which will be handed to the winner on 7 December, has been shared between the two superstars since 2008, with Messi winning it five times, and Ronaldo claiming it on four occasions.
Ronaldo, who has previously made it clear he didn't want to extend his current deal which runs out in 2021, was believed to have wanted to quit the club last summer.
"We are all very happy", the beaming 32-year-old footballer wrote on Twitter, posting a photo of himself, Rodriguez, his seven-year-old son Cristiano Junior and the new arrival.
Real are back in action this weekend, with the La Liga champions travelling to Atletico Madrid.
Head coach Zinedine Zidane sees his side eight points off league leaders Barcelona and could risk going further behind if they fail to overcome rivals Atletico Madrid.
- Lagomarsino rumbo a Comodoro Py para su indagatoria
- Star Wars Battlefront 2's Arcade Mode Limits Credits To Stop Farming
- FBI: Incremento de crímenes de odio en 2016
- Lenín Moreno sigue al frente del Movimiento Alianza PAIS
- Medios chilenos informan así su internamiento en hospital psiquiátrico — Angie Jibaja
- Caso SQM: Levantarán secreto bancario de Marco Enríquez-Ominami
- Piden investigar presuntos negocios de Clinton con Rusia
- ¡Va por todo! Consuelo Peppino eliminó a El Polaco ya Tyago Griffo
- Chile sumó nuevos oros en los Juegos Bolivarianos de Colombia
- Preocupación por la salud de Shakira: suspendió su gira internacional