On the whole, that searing second half perhaps best encapsulates the fundamental truth this friendly has affirmed: this is a team whose best components all do their best work at pace on the break, and it is in reinforcing this identity that this team begins to emerge as something truly fearsome.
Aguero has now been given the green light to fly back to Manchester, where City's staff will monitor him ahead of their return to Premier League action.
"It's a difficult game to explain", said Sampaoli.
Argentina fell to a 4-2 defeat, with three of Nigeria's goals coming after half time.
Nigeria scored 12 goals in their six qualification games, and their detractors had no answer as they progressed in style.
Argentina only qualified for the tournament in a last gasp dramatic win away in the altitude of Quito when Messi almost single-handed pulled the side through.
Nigeria were one of the first nations to qualify for the 2018 competition and one of the few teams to emerge from the qualifying phase unbeaten.
What channel is Argentina v Nigeria on?
But Leicester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho pulled one back on the stroke of half-time before Iwobi netted a second-half brace either side of a goal from Brian Idowu to shock the South Americans. The midfield will be manned by Banega, Matías Kranevitter and Giovani Lo Celso with Dybala taking Messi's place with the striking line-up augmented by Cristian Pavón and Ángel Di María or Diego Perotti.
- Burzaco confesó que sobornó a funcionarios públicos y dirigentes
- Venezuela entró en default parcial de su deuda
- Ecuador suma sus primeras medallas en los Bolivarianos
- Irlanda y Dinamarca, por un lugar en el Mundial
- Aumentó el patrimonio de los millonarios durante el último año
- Alemania empató a Francia en una de las últimas
- Mascherano sin vueltas: "El segundo tiempo nos pasaron por encima"
- Revelan denuncia de acoso sexual en contra de John Travolta
- Amazon Prime Video podría tener una versión gratuita
- " "Maradona: "¡Quiero volver a la Selección!"