The club announced that Sanllehi would "lead future player negotiations" alongside manager Arsene Wenger, chief executive Ivan Gazidis and contract negotiator Huss Fahmy as well as "represent and support the club with international and domestic governing bodies".
Sanllehi worked at the Nou Camp for 14 years and comes in as Dick Law, Arsenal's chief transfer fixer, prepares to leave his role.
Sanllehi was a veteran operator for Barcelona, where he was director of football since 2008, keeping his job under the presidencies of Joan Laporta, Sandro Rosell and Josep Maria Bartomeu.
Arsenal are reportedly planning to announce the appointment of former Barcelona director of football Raul Sanllehi today.
As we all know, Arsene Wenger has always been against bringing in outsiders to assist in Arsenal's transfers so this is a brave move by the Arsenal Board.
His new job at Arsenal will cover both first-team and academy recruitment and Wenger has said he will work closely with Mislintat - but Gazidis will not be involved in the recruitment process.
Gazidis told the club's website: "Raul's appointment is another important step in developing the infrastructure we need at the club to take everything we do to the next level". The Spaniard brings huge experience to an area in which Arsenal have struggled in recent years.
Sanllehi has been credited with playing a key role in Barcelona's signing of Neymar from Brazilian club Santos and has a reputation as one of Europe's most respected transfer negotiators. "We look forward to him bringing that expertise to Arsenal".
- Maduro afirmó tener pruebas de las mafias en Pdvsa
- Messi's goal at Valencia denied by archaic La Liga rules
- Fracasó negociaciones y desde mañana paro en frigoríficos uruguayos
- Lionel Messi sigue siendo el jugador mejor pagado del mundo
- Enzo Pérez: "Tengo la esperanza de jugar la final"
- ÚLTIMA HORA: Demócratas suspenden reunión con Trump luego de polémico mensaje
- Jesús Isijara, nuevo jugador de Santos
- Alessandra Rosaldo revela detalles del embarazo de Aislinn Derbez
- Va Bronco a la mitad; suma 51% de firmas
- Un error en macOS High Sierra permite acceso de administrador sin contraseña