The Brazilian, Pep Guardiola's second attempt to replace Joe Hart, has already kept ten clean sheets and impressed many of the club's supporters with his absolute confidence with the ball at his feet (perhaps best summed by one particularly memorable touch in the midweek win against Southampton last week).
Kevin de Bruyne is another who has not made the journey to Ukraine with the Belgium international set to serve a one-match suspension after picking up three yellow cards in the group phase of the competition.
That was in no small part due to the presence and contribution of youngster Edimilson Fernandes, whose energy allowed West Ham to counter effectively and compete in the engine room against one of the best sides in Europe.
The Blues are looking to complete a flawless Group F campaign and would become the first English side ever to achieve that feat, ahead of Sunday's Manchester derby. He is injured but he will play for sure. "I can promise you we are going to try to win the game".
The former Barcelona coach told a pre-match news conference that Silva was a doubt for Sunday's game at Old Trafford, although he failed to specify the nature of the 31-year-old's complaint.
Bayern Munich, Juventus and Real Madrid are among the teams United could now face in the next round, but Mourinho said his side would advance confident that they will inspire fear in their next opponents. "We can see what we are doing, when we put the pressure on we get the result".
For players like me and Vinnie (Kompany), the older players, and we see the younger players like Sane and Sterling coming in. we play with more confidence.
David Silva runs off in celebration after scoring the winner yesterday. I think he'll be watching not only our players but City's as well.
Nicolas Otamendi had converted substitute Gabriel Jesus's cross in the 57th minute to equalise, after defender Angelo Ogbonna had headed West Ham into the lead.
United fell behind late in the first half when Vitinho's shot from Mario Fernandes's cut-back struck team-mate Alan Dzagoev on its way into the net.
- Real Madrid: Cristiano Ronaldo y su GOLAZO contra Borussia Dortmund
- Arrancan campesinos rumbo a AICM
- Desmiente Chertorivski renuncia a Sedeco
- Guatemala: decoraban un árbol de Navidad y murieron electrocutados
- El Papa recibió a la familia de Santiago Maldonado
- Guerrilla de lencería: la pasarela que se opone a Victoria's Secret
- Israeli missiles target Syrian military facility near Damascus: Syrian state media
- Reunión con gobernadores por el conflicto mapuche
- El Bronco consigue firmas necesarias en 3 estados y Margarita en 2
- Equipos clasificados para los octavos de final de la Champions League