The Walt Disney Co.is reported to have resumed negotiations to acquire some of the assets of Fox. Current Fox shareholders would get one share of the Fox company that remains after the movie and television assets are sold plus shares of Disney in a fixed exchange ratio. The discussions are said to include the 20th Century Fox film studio and Fox's stake in United Kingdom satellite provider Sky, according to the person, who asked not to be identified because the discussions are private. It also wouldn't buy Fox News, Fox Business, Fox's sports channels, or Fox's television stations.
Would you like to see Disney acquiring Fox?
As Bloomberg notes, the talks take place against the backdrop of the U.S. Justice Department's lawsuit to stop AT&T's proposed $80 billion purchase of Time Warner, which would include Warner Bros. The government has said the merger of a large TV distributor and producer would stifle competition and hurt consumers. The Burbank entertainment conglomerate is interested in acquiring Fox's film and television studio, a number of cable television networks, its 39% stake in United Kingdom satellite television provider Sky and India's Star TV, as well as its 30% share of the Hulu streaming service.
- Nuevos antecedentes surgieron contra Sebastián Dávalos en el caso Caval
- Premios Fénix se transmitirán en Studio Universal y Canal E!
- Buen Fin no alcanzó la meta por primera vez en siete años
- Trump: "I feel very badly" for General Flynn
- Pichetto armó su interbloque en el Senado — Cristina afuera
- Samsung produce primeros chips con 512GB de almacenamiento Flash
- GOP lawmakers cite new allegations of political bias in FBI
- Reforma a la Educación Superior avanza en el Senado
- Kenny Atkinson, coach de los Nets, enamorado de México
- Donald Trump not averse to dangerous gamble with Jerusalem recognition