The exception is General Motors, which is assembling its all-electric Chevrolet Bolt, including self-driving units, at its Orion Township plant in Oakland County and splits production of the Chevrolet Cruze compact between Mexico and Lordstown, Ohio.
The automaker announced in January that it would invest $700 million and create 700 jobs at a plant in Flat Rock, Michigan to build EV's, and that it would scrap plans for a new small car plant in Mexico. At least 150 jobs will also be added.
The news was celebrated by the incoming Trump administration, which claimed that it had convinced U.S. automakers to bring jobs home. According to Alan Hall, a spokesman for Ford, the revised plan will allow it to build more self-driving cars, and it will also increase the number of jobs at the Flat Rock plant.
In fact it now expects to have 850 jobs there, rather than 700.
Ford's Flat Rock Assembly Plant, in Michigan, builds the Mustang and the Lincoln Continental.
Still, AutoPacific analyst Dave Sullivan said the change suggests Ford is "a bit chaotic" following the appointment of a new CEO, Jim Hackett, to replace the ousted Mark Fields. Uber paid him $100,000 through a "bug bounty" program to destroy the data, Reuters said. I mean, they broke ground in Mexico and had to pay money to get out of contracts.
Earlier this year Ford confirmed plans to introduce a fully electric SUV in 2020.
By moving production of the electric SUV to its plant in Cuautitlan, Ford will be able to lower the labor costs, while at the same time by building the autonomous vehicle in the United States, Ford will be able to better compete with its rivals.
- Partido "verde", no descarta coalición
- Gov. Ducey honors veterans during Pearl Harbor Day remembrance
- Texas Democrat Al Green plans to force impeachment vote in House
- Oficial: Nuevo juego de Tom Raider en desarrollo
- Bonafini: "Si la llevan presa a Cristina se arma quilombo"
- Surge de las cenizas un nuevo pretendiente de Belinda
- Trasladan a D'Elía ya Khalil a Comodoro Py
- Corona Capital tiene una nueva sede — Bienvenido a Guadalajara
- Sophie Turner confirma fecha para nueva temporada de "Games of Thrones"
- Roma beat Chelsea to top spot — Champions League