Green has discussed impeaching Trump since the spring and previously filed impeachment articles in October, nearly forcing a vote at that time before House Democratic leaders persuaded him to temporarily abandon the effort.
Democratic Rep. Dan Kildee of Michigan said Democratic lawmakers cannot let themselves be drawn into a process "that's not thoughtful or complete or might not even be the conclusion we ought to draw".
According to CNBC, Green said Trump is "unmindful of the high duties of his high office and the dignity and properties thereof". House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) called impeachment a waste of time and energy, while Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) urged patience for frustrated Democrats who wanted to bring impeachment proceedings against Trump.
Jared Polis, who is also running for governor, tweeted about his decision to vote to open the debate for impeachment.
Several Dems contend that it's premature to bring articles of impeachment before special counsel Robert Mueller completes his investigation into the Kremlin's election meddling. It does detail Trump's dalliances with the far right - including his failure to quickly denounce the white-nationalist marchers in Charlottesville - and his recent tweeting of anti-Muslim videos circulated by a British extremist group, as well as public acts and statements denigrating various groups and individuals. I've never hesitated to fight for our values as a representative, and I won't hesitate to fight for them as your governor.
While virtually all Republicans and many Democrats are expected to vote to table Green's resolution, a few Democrats said Wednesday they will vote for Green's measure.
Green's long-shot move in the in the Republican-led House quickly faltered.
"The president is a criminal", said Rep. Luis V. Gutiérrez (D-Ill.).
- Gov. Ducey honors veterans during Pearl Harbor Day remembrance
- Sophie Turner confirma fecha para nueva temporada de "Games of Thrones"
- Estos son todos los emoji nuevos que podrían llegar en 2018
- Alemania se burla del TRI y México le responde
- Sporting Cristal: DT Mario Salas niega contacto con rimenses
- Senador estadounidense anuncia su renuncia tras ser acusado de acoso sexual
- Fernando Burlando: "Esteche se pone a disposición del magistrado"
- Real Madrid - Bayern Munich, desafío entre colosos
- 600.000 personas sin agua potable por deslizamiento — Quito
- Catalanes se manifiestan en la sede de la Unión Europea