Klopp was visibly furious after Liverpool conceded an equaliser from the penalty spot late on in Sunday's Merseyside derby.
The dominant Reds were heading towards a regulation victory following Mo Salah's first-half strike, only for Pawson to penalise Dejan Lovren for a shove on Dominic Calvert-Lewin in the 77th minute.
When asked at his postmatch news conference whether he felt it was still the correct decision to make six changes, Klopp said: "I thought before the game, yes". If that added to the confusion, there was more clarity in his argument that the selection policy was vindicated by a thoroughly dominant Liverpool display. "I only want to talk to people that have a little bit of an understanding of football".
However, even though the majority of those inside the stadium were attempting to find a way to unsettle Rooney in anticipation of the spot kick being taken, the 32-year-old dispatched his effort with venom to spark scenes of absolute ecstasy in the away section.
"I wouldn't make excuses for Liverpool's draw because they didn't play Coutinho or Firmino [from the start]".
But for Sadio Mané's poor miss having opted against squaring to one of three better-placed colleagues closing in on Jordan Pickford's goal, the derby would have been beyond Everton by half-time. It maintained Sam Allardyce's unbeaten start as Everton manager after three games - seven months after earning a win at Anfield when in charge of Crystal Palace, Liverpool's last home loss in any competition. They accomplished that task and can hopefully continue to right the ship in the coming weeks.
Overall the blend of the team simply wasn't right.
"I don't think you can disagree with the penalty - Lovren pushed Calvert-Lewin over".
"Calvert-Lewin makes a step.the hand is like this on the back, you saw it", continued the manager. They had the main man on who scored the goal. With Joel Matip ruled out with injury and Alberto Moreno an enforced substitution in the Champions League tie after damaging tendons in his ankle, Klopp opted to protect his defensive options rather than his prolific attack.
The game finished with honours even, but Liverpool will be the team most disappointed with the result.
It's established the club has been unwilling or unable to spend on players like other clubs around them.
- Acereros vence a Cuervos y es campeón Divisional
- "Una mujer fantástica" es nominada a los Globos de Oro 2018
- Vuelos low cost: autorizaron a Norwegian a operar en 152 rutas
- Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo wins Ballon d'Or for fifth team
- Griselda Sciliani festejó el final de "Sugar" con un desnudo en Instagram
- Stabbing Attack Targeting Israeli Policeman Occurs in Jerusalem (PHOTO, VIDEO)
- Goic se cuadra con Guillier y le entrega más propuestas — Balotaje
- Nikki Hakey dice que mujeres que acusan a Trump deben ser escuchadas
- Mark Hamill y Chris Evans se solidarizan con niño que denunció 'bullying'
- Bachelet alcanza su máxima aprobación desde Caval con un 40% — Cadem