The Catalans are six points clear of nearest challengers Atletico Madrid, who visit Espanyol on Friday.
Barca may not have the same creative spark as in recent seasons and have on occasion been accused of being boring, but they have developed a tougher edge under former Athletic Bilbao coach Valverde, conceding only seven goals in 16 games.
A two-week layoff since Real's last home game, though, has ensured Burgess's best work will be on show for the big day. You won't be surprised to hear that niggling injuries players have cleared before El Clasico.
Barcelona currently lead the La Liga points table with 42 points while Real Madrid are 4th with 31 points.
The showdown between Spain's two most successful and popular sides usually takes place late in the evening.
The best team in recent times has tended to be Madrid, who have won five trophies in a calendar year in 2017 for the first time in the club's storied history.
Do you think Ronaldo deserves a bigger contract at Real?
Zidane values Benzema for his ability to smoothly link midfield with attack, and said last week: "I will continue to defend him until the death". That is the correct way. I don't go round looking for compliments, I don't say to Cristiano (Ronaldo) 'nice goal'. He has delivered two European cups, a world title and halted the Suarez-Messi-Neymar juggernaut in the process.
Sky Sports Mix can be found on channel 407 for Sky TV customers. These are not empowering notions, and especially not in today's climate of sack first, ask questions later. "There's no player more complete than me".
"That doesn't mean 80 percent of injuries are the fault of the grass, it could be bad diet, fatigue, but certainly a percentage is down to the pitch so it is very important we have dialogue between the medical department and my department to try and create consistent, comfortable surfaces for them to play on". Bale returned after his latest injury layoff to help Madrid win the Club World Cup, but as a second-half substitute.
Madrid's transfer incomings were limited to Theo Hernandez and Dani Ceballos, while Jesus Vallejo, Marcos Llorente and Borja Mayoral all returned from loan spells to fill voids in the squad. But it's by no means certain he'll be given that chance.
"Bale has always been decisive and he showed that he's still got that capacity in the semi-final of the Club World Cup, and when he came off the bench against Fuenlabrada and changed the game".
Just like for players and coaches, that investment brings increased pressure. "If individual statistics are there also, that's even better, but they are not the objective".
- "123456" y "password" siguen al frente de las contraseñas más usadas
- Hombre más longevo de México fallece a la edad de 121 años
- Mariana Pajón se estrelló contra una motociclista en Medellín
- Acuerdo con Irán: ex jefe de Interpol pide declarar ante justicia argentina
- Paco Jémez ya tiene nuevo equipo en la Liga Española
- DC sobre dichos de Mariana Alwyn: "Nada más lejos de nuestro proyecto"
- Sundde inició fiscalización en tiendas de calzado a nivel nacional
- Barnsley's new owners to take 'disciplined' approach after securing takeover
- Capturan a 2 sujetos vinculados con asalto y secuestro en escuela
- ANC aprobó suprimir alcaldías metropolitanas de Caracas y del Alto Apure