PSG star Neymar recalled in an interview that he was one of the many Brazilian kids who copied Ronaldo's famous 'haircut': "In 2002 I had my hair cut in the same style as Ronaldo, but I don't remember much about it", he said.
Neymar was tackled by Colombian defender, Juan Zuniga, three minutes before the final whistle in the game that Brazil won over Colombia 2-0.
In an interview for the Player's Tribune, former teammates, Gerard Piqué and Neymar sat down to discuss the World Cup in Russia with the Barcelona defender pointing out early on that they would not be discussing "either Barcelona or Paris".
"'The good news is that afterwards, you will be able to walk, because two centimetres to the side... football is over for you.' And, well, there I just wanted them to tell my family".
Brazil legend Ronaldo's incredible exploits at the 2002 World Cup may have inspired a generation of youngsters to try to copy his silky football skills, but Neymar tried to emulate his hero in a different way. And the doctor took me out and I started to cry.
Argentina have on paper the toughest task after being paired with Euro 2016 surprise package Iceland, a Croatia side containing Real Madrid's Luka Modric and African giants Nigeria in Group D. "One good and one bad". I couldn't move my legs. The bad one: "you can't play at the World Cup, it's over for you".
"But I couldn't manage to lift my legs. I was in a wheelchair and I went home, and there I watched it all".
However, he has told Deporte Interactivo that a character called Cascão, from a popular Brazilian cartoon series Turma da Mônica (Monica's Gang), was the real inspiration behind his famous haircut.
The bounce-back began with a miniature slice of revenge when they beat Germany on penalties to win their first ever Olympic football gold at the Rio Games with a young team led by Neymar. Because it was very painful and I didn't feel anything. I'll search. I'll search for it. My mom has one for sure.
"Then I went to the hospital, did the tests and all, and they told me, 'I have two pieces of news".
And I'm like, "What's the good one?"
- Venezuela respalda criptomoneda "petro" con 5.000 millones de barriles de petróleo
- Criminal fingió ser mudo durante 12 años y se le olvidó hablar
- Thierry Henry Defends Under Fire Zidane — El Classico Loss
- No les gustó el novio de la nena. Él los mató
- Afganistán: Por lo menos 40 muertos por atentados suicidas en Kabul
- Gobierno de Venezuela otorga 102.430 nuevas pensiones a adultos mayores
- Alerta amarilla para Buenos Aires y alrededores por la ola de calor
- Sampaoli y sus disculpas "a la sociedad" tras el polémico video
- César Duarte desvió otros 379 millones de pesos
- El Liverpool se quedó con el defensor más caro de la historia