Cristiano Ronaldo scored 66 goals in 56 games for club and country to win his second Ballon d'Or in 2013 but he shouldn't have won the award according to Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery. Bayern Munich clinched their 4th European title by defeating arch-rivals Borrusia Dortmund 2-1 in the 2013 UEFA Champions League final at the monumental Wembley stadium.
The Frenchman finished in third spot in the 2013 voting for the FIFA Ballon d'Or with 23.36% of the votes from national team captains and coaches, and journalists, behind Lionel Messi, with 24.72%, and Ronaldo, with 27.99%.
The champions touched back down in Germany on Sunday after a six-day training camp in Doha, which has drawn criticism from some quarters, as the winter break draws to a close.
"It was as if it was stolen from me", Ribery told Canal Football Club.
Not only did he fail to win the award that year, he didn't even finish second behind Ronaldo. "I won every trophy, I couldn't have done more". For me, it was like a robbery, an injustice. Ribery was part of the squad and feels he was wrongly blamed for the failings. I saw it with my own eyes that the French said Cristiano should win. An injustice... I had the support of certain French people, but not my whole country behind me, simply put. But the 72-year-old seems unlikely to stay beyond May and the lack of clarity over his successor is believed to be a major reason why Arjen Robben, 33, and 34-year-old Franck Ribery are yet to commit to extending deals, which run out at the end of the season.
Raymond Domenech's side were eliminated at the group stage in South Africa, finishing bottom of the group after claiming just one point in Group A.
"It was a difficult period, it was incomprehensible", he said in an interview with former international teammate Olivier Dacourt.
- Selena Gomez elimina a mas de 200 personas de su Instagram
- Rusia desmiente acusaciones del jefe de la CIA
- Despres conquistó la segunda etapa en autos en Pisco
- Hija pagó 50 millones de bolívares para que mataran a su padre
- Acusan a Stan Lee de acosar sexualmente a enfermeras
- Mujer cayó desde un cuarto piso tratando de escapar de su pareja
- Batería de iPhone explota en tienda de Apple en Zúrich
- Quintanilla remata sexto en la segunda etapa — Rally Dakar
- Peso retrocede por recuperación del dólar
- Kendall Jenner responde a las críticas sobre su acné