That said, it decided to cover its bases by distributing an update designed to tighten the security of its software drivers, in a bid to mitigate the impact of the CPU-based Spectre bug - doing consumers a favour. After some period of delay, Microsoft has expressed themselves about the upcoming changes, and the fixes that are about to be deployed.
Intel, which reiterated Tuesday that it did not see any sign of slowdown of any significance in computers, saw its shares drop by 2.5%, which brings the total share price drop since the surfacing of the issue last week to 7% or approximately $15 billion of its market value. It is also working with Microsoft to figure out why an earlier Windows 10 patch was preventing AMD powered computers from booting.
The company's comments made on a post to their blog are the clearest sign to date from Microsoft that the fixes for the flaws in chips made by Intel and its rivals that were described a week ago, could meaningfully down grade performance. The performance of Old Microsoft devices are hampered however some of the devices which runs on new hardware are also affected.
Various other security providers, including CrowdStrike, Cylance, FireEye and Palo Alto Networks, have not yet set the registry key, but claim their products are compatible.
"A new exploit like this requires our entire industry to work together to find the best possible solutions for our customers", he said. The Redmond giant notes that Intel Haswell processors and older see the most impact following firmware updates to protect against Spectre and Meltdown.
And the servers are likely to feel the impact the worse. Google's Project Zero team discovered two security flaws that can allow hackers to gain access to personal computers, laptops, smartphones, and tablets. The update includes security measures to guard against the Meltdown and Spectre attacks which came to light last week. If the prediction was wrong, this speculative execution is rolled back in a way that is intended to be invisible to software.
- Trump 'incendia' la portada de la revista Time
- James Rodríguez pillado con una mujer, no creerás de quién se trata
- Congreso aprobó la ley de fortalecimiento de la FPF
- Apple añadirá nuevas características para evitar adicción al iPhone en niños
- La Supercopa de Chile tendrá nueva fecha y horario
- Reconstrucción será de 3.8 mmdp: Rosario Robles
- Costa Rica disputará amistoso de fútbol ante Inglaterra
- Real Madrid - Bayern Munich, desafío entre colosos
- La grave acusación de Vicky Buchino contra Cacho Castaña
- Plazo para inscribir cédulas para las elecciones al Congreso vence este jueves