Borussia Dortmund attacker Christian Pulisic is reportedly being targeted by Manchester United, who are ready to compete with arch-rivals Liverpool for the USA international's signature in the summer transfer window.
"I would say the youth systems in Germany are the things that have impressed me the most", Pulisic told Bundesliga expert Raphael Honigstein, author of Das Reboot, in an interview with ESPN.
Obviously Pulisic wouldn't be the player he is today if he had not gone to Germany to focus on soccer at such a young age, but it's a bit of a reach to completely disregard all of Pulisic's growth that put him in the position to go abroad in the first place just to take an easy swipe at U.S. Soccer.
Pulisic is under contract with Dortmund until 2020, but Sports Illustrated journalist Grant Wahl believes the American will leave the club in the summer.
Leaving Borussia Dortmund is going to be a tough decision for Pulisic. "Luckily, I wasn't the only player from a team not to qualify".
"I've come into a bigger role with the national team, but the environment here [with Dortmund] definitely helps", he says.
On March 27, 2016, Pulisic was called up to the Senior team by then-coach Jürgen Klinsmann.
Jose Mourinho has set his sights on securing a winger this season after the club's failure to complete a deal for Ivan Perisic.
The Premier League big boys feel Pulisic is the perfect signing in a commercial sense, as well as landing a world-class talent. Manchester United are willing to battle Liverpool over the American, with the Red Devils also looking to utilize Pulisic's huge marketing potential.
The report claims United "strongly challenge" Liverpool if they make a move for Pulisic in the summer.
When you're 19 years old, you want the world at your feet, not its weight on your shoulders. "It's a system that I'd never really experienced in the U.S. I would have never got something like this, and I think this is the biggest reason why I've grown so much as a player".
- Más de 200 detenidos en Túnez y decenas heridos tras disturbios
- Chelsea suffer transfer blow as target hints at signing new deal — Transfer
- Del Potro borró a Ferrer y es finalista en Auckland
- Edesur adjudicó los cortes de luz a una tunelera en Villa Soldati
- Latest Insider update brings several new features to Microsoft Edge
- Fallece el escritor y cronista Pedro Ángel Palou
- Spectre and Meltdown patch freezes AMD machines
- Sigue el alerta por posibles tormentas fuertes y granizo en Tucumán
- La Cámara Federal rechazó la excarcelación de Zannini
- Stephen Hawking asegura que la Tierra podría convertirse en un lugar infernal