"This is the last such waiver he will issue", a senior administration official told reporters on Friday.
"Trump's policy & today's announcement amount to desperate attempts to undermine a solid multilateral agreement, maliciously violating its paras 26, 28 & 29".
Zarif said we are inevitably bound to supplant the "paradigm of elimination" with what he roughly termed as a paradigm of "dialogue in its broad sense".
It is aimed at ensuring Iran uses its nuclear capabilities for peaceful purposes while preventing it from gaining nuclear weapons.
Trump said his strategy for confronting Iran through sanctions and support for Iranian political freedom "stands in stark contrast to the policy and actions of the previous administration".
The ultimatum puts pressure on Europeans - key backers and parties to the 2015 international agreement to curb Iran's nuclear programme - to satisfy Mr Trump, who wants the pact strengthened with a separate agreement within 120 days.
The Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs Saturday criticised the fresh sanctions imposed by the US by calling them illegal and hostile, and warned that they would receive a serious reaction by the Islamic republic. But he affirmed his willingness to withdraw from it in a few months unless changes are made. But any bill he sign must include these four critical components. "We don't have that hope any more".
His reluctance to preserve the agreement deepened in recent weeks after the protests, in which at least 21 people died and thousands were jailed.
And as every cycle of "will he waive, won't he waive" passes, Paton Walsh said, the bedrock of understanding upon which the deal is based erodes yet further. "The bottom line is, he's stuck with this deal".
"If other nations fail to act during this time, I will terminate our deal with Iran".
The big difference under Trump is secrecy.
Time runs out on Friday for Trump to decide whether to extend relief on energy and financial sanctions that would effectively end the accord.
The real problem in Iran right now, everyone in the international business community agrees, is uncertainty. The U.N. nuclear watchdog agency has repeatedly found Iran is complying with those obligations.
"The United States will not stand by while the Iranian regime continues to engage in human rights abuses and injustice", Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said Friday.
- Santos crea contingente "Hércules" contra delincuentes en Nariño
- Los escalofriantes detalles que entregó Nahir Galarza del asesinato de su novio
- Las aplicaciones de juego online para dispositivos móviles
- A horas de su llegada, amenazan al Papa Francisco en Chile
- Patriotas avanzan a la Final de la Conferencia Americana
- Gobierno y oposición, "muy cerca" de alcanzar un acuerdo
- North Korea prepares its 'army of beauties' for invasion
- México mantendrá postura firme en renegociación del Tlcan, Peña Nieto
- Presentan a Yerry Mina en Barcelona
- Yerry Mina, recibido con aplausos en su primera práctica con Barcelona