There is also the promise that over time, any performance impact created by the fix will be mitigated.
The security flaws affect millions of computers, including devices from Microsoft and Apple, and will require a software update to prevent data theft. It translates all user requests for the processor, RAM and even peripherals.
The actual bug is being kept under wraps by Intel and its partners to prevent attackers from taking advantage of it. The firm has been aware of the issue for quite a while now, but chose to keep it a secret up until fixes were ready to be rolled out.
Intel said that these exploits were not caused by a "bug" or a "flaw" and were not unique to Intel products.
"Intel has begun providing software and firmware updates to mitigate these exploits". As a quick recap, a security vulnerability in most modern CPUs allows a standard unprivileged program to extract sensitive information in memory, like passwords and encryption keys.
"We are in the process of deploying mitigations to cloud services and have also released security updates to protect Windows customers against vulnerabilities affecting supported hardware chips from Intel, ARM, and AMD", it added. The first, Meltdown, affects devices that run Intel chips - laptops, your desktop PC and internet servers.
Intel processors in the last two decades are almost all affected by the fundamental mechanism used in the operation of the exploit, while only a some of AMD's processors are affected.
The statement goes on to say that Intel is "working closely with many other technology companies, including AMD, ARM Holdings and several operating system vendors, to develop an industry-wide approach to resolve this issue promptly and constructively". There is no evidence that hackers have taken advantage of the vulnerability - at least not yet. Intel believes these exploits do not have the potential to corrupt, modify or delete data.
The patches for the Meltdown and Spectre will soon roll out widely as confirmed by Intel, it's still not clear whether the performance of the device will remain same or not. However, it can be stopped with software patches.
- Alcácer firma su primer gol como culé
- Las aplicaciones de juego online para dispositivos móviles
- Schwartzman, Mayer y Delbonis empiezan su participación en el Abierto de Australia
- Author Michael Wolff: Trump 'like a pinball shooting off the side'
- Sonríe Messi: Real Madrid cayó de local ante el Villarreal
- León vs Toluca, 13 de enero, En Vivo — Liga Mx
- Esta sería la identidad de mujer muerta hallada en una maleta — Pasamayo
- Presentan a Yerry Mina en Barcelona
- Puch fue expulsado en el triunfo del Querétaro
- Sanchez should choose City — Rio