Internationally, he has been capped thirty-four times for his country, scoring eight times and he appeared at the 2014 World Cup finals.
Arsenal really is the natural fit for Mahrez, where he could play in the same position as Sanchez but be more of a creator for Alexandre Lacazette than Sanchez is.
Riyad Mahrez won't consider a move to Arsenal given the north London club's dramatic regression, according to former Chelsea midfielder Dennis Wise. Until there is proof to the contrary, there has been no official contact with Liverpool.
The African playmaker has emerged as a potential target to Liverpool FC over the past week following Philippe Coutinho's big-money move to La Liga giants Barcelona.
Mahrez is among those to have been heavily linked with a move - amid ongoing rumours of interest from Arsenal - but Owen feels the Algeria international is unsuitable for Liverpool's system.
Speaking at his post-match press conference following the draw at Stamford Bridge, Puel said: 'We can see from today he is enjoying his football, he is happy in playing, in training, he is happy with us and his team-mates.
He has made no secret of his desire to move on and will be open to offers during the winter window.
"I was surprised to hear so much nonsense suggesting Riyad had already signed a deal with Liverpool. If you saw the training session this morning he was smiling and enjoying it. It is amazing".
Mahrez is rated at around £50m.
Mahrez is one of the few players who are eligible to feature in this season's Champions league, and this would favour the Reds greatly as they embark in the knockout phase, which starts in February.
- Trump, dispuesto a hablar con Corea del Norte cuando sea el momento
- Saltó 12 metros y rescató a una nena que se estaba ahogando
- Nintendo Reveals a Dozen Big Games for Its Switch Console
- Polémica en Rusia: Denuncian matanza de animales callejeros previo al Mundial
- 13 muertos y 39 heridos en un accidente de ruta — Brasil
- Oswaldo Alanís tiene actividad con Chivas Sub-20
- Federer embraces Australian Open favouritism
- Asesinan a periodista en Nuevo Laredo, frente a su hija
- Presidente surcoreano dice estar listo para reunirse con Kim Jong-un
- Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer earn top two seeds for Australian Open