Not since September 2016 against Malaga had Barca fired a blank at home but Getafe's organised defensive display earned them a deserved point. They are not yet perfect, however, and a draw against Espanyol in their last league game ended a run of seven consecutive wins.
The unbeaten league leaders did not register a single shot on target in the opening 45 minutes, although Luis Suarez did have a goal disallowed for offside when he skilfully diverted Lionel Messi's free kick past Vicente Guaita on the volley.
Yerry Mina, making his league debut for Barca, headed a chance just wide.
An inevitable drop off in the second half meant there was no further score for the hosts, though they were carved open far too easily with 15 to go as John Bautista grabbed a consolation and some pride for La Real.
Barcelona have won their last four La Liga games against Getafe, scoring 16 goals in the process (four per game on average) and conceding just one.
Fittingly it was the flawless Guaita who had the final say as he tipped Suarez's header over the crossbar in stoppage time.
Meanwhile, Ousmane Dembele came on in the second half for his first appearance since his latest spell on the sidelines, but the young France forward was also incapable of breaking down the Getafe back line.
Following their strenuous schedule since the winter break, the Spaniard saw fit to field a rather experimental side, and their lack of game time together shone through, with passes going astray and a lack of any serious and consistent attacking threat evident throughout.
"There's wear and tear and you always try to make sure these things like today don't happen, but at the end of the day they do happen".
Will he be 100% for the Chelsea game? Offensively, Getafe are middle of the table in goals, with Ángel Rodríguez leading the club with eight goals.
The Blaugrana boss admitted that players should be mentally prepared for a tough fight from visitors.
"[Getafe] are an uncomfortable team and we lacked a bit of freshness to have a little more fluency".
Getafe inflicted a first La Liga defeat of the season on Valencia thanks to Markel Bergara's strikeHow can I watch it for free?
- Sporting Cristal debutó y goleó 4
- Explosión causa apagón masivo en Puerto Rico
- Agentes de PGR desaparecidos aparecen vivos en video
- Real Madrid se da baño de autoestima
- Toluca ganó por primera vez en casa; venció a Monterrey
- ¡Insólito! Noruega recibe 15 mil huevos en los Juegos Olímpicos de Invierno
- Pachuca logró la victoria frente a los Tiburones de Veracruz
- Mueren tres al estrellarse helicóptero en el Gran Cañón
- ESPECIAL: Celebran en México Año Nuevo Chino con colorido Concurso de Disfraces
- Sorprende Thalía con foto sin maquillaje en Instagram