Team Sky and Froome could have opted for a voluntary suspension once informed of the adverse finding because, if a ban is eventually imposed, this credit could have seen the ban backdated to September, allowing him to return to racing earlier. Lappartient ousted Brian Cookson from the sport's top job on the basis of a five-point plan which included "effective UCI leadership" and "ensuring the credibility of sporting results".
Chris Froome has spoken to the cycling media for the first time since his salbutamol case stating that there is 'a lot of misinformation out there' surrounding the case and that 'people will see it from my point of view' when the issue is resolved.
"I know I haven't done anything wrong and I intend to show that", Froome, who suffers from asthma, said.
At the Tour de France in 2015, Froome endured torrid abuse and even had a cup of urine thrown at him by a spectator.
"Let's hope it doesn't come to that but I'm still allowed to race now and I don't see why not", Froome said. Froome was able to sign some autographs, answer a few questions and ride off into the sunshine.
"We've got full knowledge of the situation and we're working closely to resolve the situation".
Team principal Dave Brailsford said: "We all recognize that these are difficult circumstances but it's important for all sides that this process is conducted fairly before a final conclusion is reached".
"This is the first time since all this happened [the Salubutamol case] that I have seen the guys".
On the comparison, Froome states, 'his case was very different, his case was for a banned substance'.
If he succeeds in clearing his name, this race could prove an important stepping stone for success on the road later in the season. But the reaction of other riders suggests that the presence of the four-time Tour de France winner in the five-day race through Andalusia may provoke some resentment in the peloton.
Team Sky rider Froome, whose sample showed double the permissible limit of Salbutamol, has denied any wrongdoing and is free to race as he is not suspended. Sky has not yet submitted the scientific evidence which might justify Froome's abnormal sample.
- Metallica gana el premio Polar, considerado el "Nobel" de la música
- Una mujer se metió al escáner para no dejar su bolso
- Camila Cabello finalmente encontró el amor en Matthew Hussey
- Trabajadores del INTI denunciaron despidos y pérdida de funciones
- ¡ALARMA EN EE.UU! Tiroteo en escuela deja al menos 17 fallecidos
- La presencia del presidente Maduro ya no es bienvenida — Kuczynski
- ¡Ganaron el rosco! Una participante se hizo millonaria en Pasapalabra
- Five-star Liverpool thrash Porto with Sadio Mane hat-trick — Champions League
- Philippe Coutinho makes this Lionel Messi admission — Barcelona news
- "Underrated" Firmino Now Getting More Credit After Coutinho Exit — Klopp