On Wednesday afternoon, 30 minutes before the scheduled end of the school day at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, Garrett Schreiber texted his mother and father that he loved them.
Another student, 17-year-old junior Dakota Mutchler, told reporters at a hotel in nearby Coral Springs that he hadn't spoken with Cruz in more than a year.
Among the victims in Parkland was a Stoneman Douglas football coach, Sheriff Israel told the media, while the son of a deputy sheriff suffered a non-fatal gunshot wound to the arm.
He eventually fled the scene.
Moments later, he heard the barrage of shots from Cruz's rifle and screams in the hallway outside.
The shooting took place in the town of Parkland.
"He is a friend to all students that know him".
How many people were killed? .
At least 17 people were killed, including students and adults.
Shooting suspect Nikolas Cruz was initially taken by ambulance to Broward North hospital for treatment for labored breathing after his arrest.
The gunman, about 18 years old, surrendered to police quietly, said Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel.
"She knew who the kid was", Rosenblatt said.
If the unthinkable were to happen at a Charlotte County Public School, what are officials doing to keep students safe?
"We have already begun to dissect his websites and things on social media that he was on and some of the things. are very, very disturbing", Sheriff Scott Israel said late on Wednesday.
"We're just being there, supporting", Friedman said.
Video footage from inside the school showed students cowering on the floor of a classroom, screaming as loud gunfire came from the corridor outside. According to a law enforcement officer, the suspect initially mixed in with the crowd of students to try to escape, but he got caught.
"I saw some bodies".
Meanwhile, first responders appeared to be treating wounded people on the sidewalks.
"He was that weird kid that you see. like a loner", he added.
- Venezuela cuenta con un Poder Judicial del siglo XXI
- Elenco de Black Panther hará streaming en vivo este 12 de febrero
- Ex jugador de Chapecoense falleció mientras entrenaba
- El Gobierno cerró Arbus, que conectaba Ezeiza con Aeroparque
- Vagabundo se prende fuego en un tren para evitar ser detenido
- Caravana de Marichuy sufre volcadura y fallece una persona
- Ankara amenaza con romper por completo las relaciones con EEUU
- Los salarios le ganaron a la inflación por 2,7 puntos en 2017
- Se abre el debate sobre la edad de consentimiento sexual en Francia
- Miércoles de Ceniza ¿Qué se celebra el?