Liverpool won the first of their five European titles in Rome in 1977, and got their fourth seven years later by beating Roma in a penalty shootout after a 1-1 draw.
Indeed, the Zimbabwean was part of the side which beat the Giallorossi on penalties in the 1984 European Cup final, so he is better placed than most to comment on what it takes to succeed in such a high-pressure tie.
"Why shouldn't we believe we can reach the final?" On Sunday bitter rivals Lazio host Roma in their shared Stadio Olimpico ground.
The Spaniards' defence constantly thwarted Robert Lewandowski, who was unable to add to his 35 goals this season, although Bayern had twice as many shots on goal.
At the other end, Rafinha's perfectly-timed tackle denied Sarabia, who was through on goal and shaping to shoot.
Highlighting how Roma stopped Barcelona from scoring in the second game, Rush praised Roma's success in that match.
After Barcelona and Manchester City - the runaway leaders in Spain and England respectively - crashed out on Tuesday, Bayern are the only team left in Europe who can still win the treble.
During an interview with La Repubblica, former Liverpool goalkeeper Bruce Grobbelaar has been looking ahead to The Reds' forthcoming UEFA Champions League semi-final showdown against Roma.
'It's impossible. With the category of player that we invite to the draw, I would never ask someone to do something that was not honest when picking the balls.
Sevilla, needing to score at least two goals, started pushing forward themselves as Pablo Sarabia fired wide on a rare forage behind the Bayern defence.
"It's worth more than three points, a place in the Champions League and the history around it", said Di Francesco, whose side won 2-1 in the last Serie A meeting last November. Fate has brought us to the semi-finals.
- Trump, aides fire back at Comey on Twitter — The Latest
- Clubes rechazaron el uso del VAR — Premier League
- La descontrolada reacción de Beausejour tras su expulsión
- Desde el Gobierno salen a respaldar la intervención del PJ
- Orioles Place Jonathan Schoop On 10-Day DL, Recall Alex Cobb
- Argentina "condena al uso de armas químicas en Siria"
- Papa Francisco se manifiesta "profundamente trastornado" por ataques en Siria
- Neymar confesó que sintió vergüenza en Barcelona
- CCIAP rechaza "taxativamente" cualquier tipo de paralización en el Canal de Panamá
- Marihuana sintética: dos muertos y decenas con sangrado severo