"In this competition the teams are so equal and the influence of refereeing decisions is so important".
Manchester City, having now lost three in a row in all competitions, travel to Tottenham on Saturday - live on Sky Sports - but they must win and hope Manchester United slip up at West Brom to finally seal the title.
Klopp had warned of a brewing City "thunderstorm" after their Manchester derby defeat made them wait for the league title and the perfect start to the perfect game Guardiola called for came when Fernandinho slid through a ball that Raheem Sterling squared for Jesus.
Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino were familiar heroes as Liverpool reached the Champions League semi-finals for the first time in a decade with a 2-1 second-leg win at Manchester City that sealed a 5-1 aggregate victory.
The slender scoreline belied City's dominance but they were denied what seemed a legitimate second three minutes before half-time when Sane bundled in from close range, Milner's intervention when Karius punched clear rendering the German onside.
In other news, a report has claimed that Guardiola will look to take his spending to stratospheric levels in the summer transfer window, with the coach looking to layout an eye-watering £600m on new talents.
PAUL ELLIS GettyImages
It extended Klopp's impressive personal record against the Catalan to eight wins and one draw from their 14 meetings, better than any of his contemporaries.
"We had many draws and they took us out of the first place".
"What we didn't get last Wednesday". Perhaps it will have convinced Mourinho to move his star player closer to the attack, with a home game against the basement side providing the perfect opportunity to experiment.
Liverpool have also been charged as a club under article 16 (2) of the UEFA regulations in relation to fans setting off fireworks and throwing objects.
"We'll go again next season".
The father-of-two later tweeted: "I should have stuck a fiver on that". It's different when Gabriel Jesus's goal at Anfield is offside.
"From a personal point of view I don't want Real Madrid in the semi-finals". They have a relatively favourable run-in, with every opponent aside from Leicester currently in the bottom half.
- 'Get ready Russia': Trump tweets Syria missile threat
- Tottenham-Manchester City, por la Premier League: horario, TV y formaciones
- Roma owner Pallotta declares Liverpool showdown the 'Boston derby'
- Barca Sana Herida de Champions y Logra Récord Invicto
- Marco Fabián vuelve a la senda del gol
- Presidentes se tomaron la foto inaugural de la Cumbre de las Américas
- El latino Gabriel Luna será el nuevo "Terminator"
- Estados Unidos no le avisó a Rusia del ataque a Siria
- INE incluye a 'El Bronco' en debates
- Presidente de Brasil descarta cerrar frontera con Venezuela