The Baltimore Orioles placed second baseman Jonathan Schoop on the 10-day disabled list with a strained right side before the game against the Red Sox and activated starting pitcher Alex Cobb.
Schoop suffered the injury last night during a swinging strikeout, and was removed from the game in the seventh inning.
With Schoop unavailable, the Orioles could turn to Engelb Vielma.
He received good news Saturday, when it was revealed his oblique strain was mild, but it would still be an outlier if he only missed 10 days with the injury. Tim Beckham has taken over at second on Saturday with Danny Valencia at third. Ruben Tejada and Luis Sardinas are veteran infield options both on the farm, while top prospect Ryan Mountcastle is himself on the minor league DL recovering from a fractured right hand.
The 26-year-old has one home run and three RBIs in 14 games this season after hitting 32 homers and driving in 105 runs in his first All-Star campaign last year. With the timing of the contract, he was left off the Orioles' season-opening roster in order to further prep for the season.
In that time, he has also developed into one of the best in the majors at his position.
- Polémico audio en el avión que trasladó a Lula
- Dalma Maradona será mamá y reveló cuándo
- La descontrolada reacción de Beausejour tras su expulsión
- Arranca plenaria de VIII Cumbre de las Américas
- Racing se aleja de la Libertadores tras perder con Defensa y Justicia
- Ataque a Siria no quedará sin consecuencias, advierte embajador ruso
- Partidos políticos venezolanos condenaron ataque aéreo de Estados Unidos contra Siria
- Marihuana sintética: dos muertos y decenas con sangrado severo
- Comienza la investigación sobre el presunto ataque químico en Siria
- Encuentran patrulla de comandantes de la ministerial calcinada en vía corta