One more league goal and Salah joins Alan Shearer, Cristiano Ronaldo and Luis Suárez as joint top Premier League scorers, although the chances are he might go out in front.
In all competitions, Salah now has 40 for the season, enough to join the ranks of Reds royalty.
But it was via Sadio Mane that Jurgen Klopp's side went ahead in the seventh minute, with the Senegalese firing past Asmir Begovic after seeing his initial header saved.
Salah is currently on 30 goals with 4 games left, while Kane has 25 goals and 5 games left.
Liverpool doubled their lead midway through the second half when Salah nodded the ball smartly beyond the Bournemouth stopper's grasp. "He just has to keep it going". And when a stray Simon Francis pass gave him a chance to run at the Bournemouth defence a few moments later, he again showed little inclination to part with the ball, even though he must have known he had little chance of scoring with a rising shot from the edge of the area.
"Obviously the decision with England was a tough one, but the manager has looked after me in international weeks, giving me time off. It really does help me".
Unsurprisingly, given their exertions over the last 10 days, Liverpool could not summon the intensity or urgency they produced against Manchester City in the Champions League.
Mohamed Salah scored his 30th Premier League goal against Bournemouth. Salah took to Twitter to offer his take.
One of two players, along with Kane, nominated for both the main award and young player of the year, the winger has popped up with nine goals and 12 assists in his second Premier League season. No wonder Kane is worried.
- Putin califica de "acto de agresión" el ataque contra Siria
- Bayern Múnich estrena título con triunfo
- Google's Redesign of Gmail to Include a 'Confidential Mode'
- Neymar confesó que sintió vergüenza en Barcelona
- Trump and Allies Weigh Risk of Syria Strike
- Victoria de los Jaguares en su visita a Rebels — Super Rugby
- English Premier League Report, Manchester United v West Brom, 15 April
- Ataque a Siria no quedará sin consecuencias, advierte embajador ruso
- "Pasa por mi cabeza volver a Argentina" — Gareca
- Racing se aleja de la Libertadores tras perder con Defensa y Justicia