Valencia had made a good start and winger Goncalo Guedes hammered an early shot at Ter Stegen, who made another impressive save to thwart the Portuguese later in the half after Gerard Pique had surrendered the ball.
MF Andres Iniesta, 7 - The captain dictated the pace of the game and was desperately unlucky not to score when his stinging volley was beat away by Valencia goalkeeper Neto.
Despite dominating the game, Barcelona substitute Ousmane Dembele downed Jose Luis Gaya inside the area, prompting the referee to award Valencia a penalty with four minutes to go before the second-half stoppage time.
Ernesto Valverde's side lead nearest challengers Atletico Madrid by 14 points in the standings, with Atletico hosting Levante and fourth-placed Real visiting basement club Malaga on Sunday.
"We thank those supporters who shared their experiences to help form our report and will now await a response from UEFA".
As a result, Barça have surpassed Real Sociedad's respective record of 38, which they had set in the 1979-80 season in La Liga. Barcelona remains undefeated through 32 rounds this season.
"The unbeaten record is nice but the more important thing is that we have carried on winning".
"It was more important that we picked ourselves up after a difficult week and the players have showed great attitude today and stepped up".
Time and again it was Alba pull out the late stops and crucial interceptions to cut Valencia attacks off right when they were just about to become deadly. "First of all, because of the week we've had".
With the win, Barcelona extends its undefeated La Liga run, having not lost a match in the Spanish league since April 8, 2017. Dani Parejo gave Valencia brief hope with an 87th-minute penalty.
'We have a cup final next week so we have to look forward not back.
Midfielder Steven N'Zonzi scored from long range to complete Sevilla's comeback from two goals down and draw with Villarreal 2-2 in a match where both sides ended with 10 men.
Suarez opened the scoring in the 15th minute for the Catalan giants.
Nolito's poor spot kick came after a handball by Jaume Costa, which earned him a sending-off with a second yellow card.
- La descontrolada reacción de Beausejour tras su expulsión
- Salah hits 40 goals with header (insert Harry Kane joke here)
- Liverpool paired with Roma in Champions League semi-finals
- Selección peruana jugará un partido amistoso con Holanda en setiembre
- Polémico audio en el avión que trasladó a Lula
- English Premier League Report, Manchester United v West Brom, 15 April
- No retiraremos tropas de Siria hasta cumplir objetivos
- CCIAP rechaza "taxativamente" cualquier tipo de paralización en el Canal de Panamá
- Victoria de los Jaguares en su visita a Rebels — Super Rugby
- Los 16 piden a Venezuela elecciones democráticas