She was on her way to the office of Radio Free Afghanistan for training when the attack occurred.
According to a provisional toll by the health ministry, at least 21 people were killed, including four reporters.
At least 23 people, including two assailants, were killed and 27 others wounded after two suicide bomb blasts rocked a diplomatic district in central Kabul on Monday morning, officials said.
Police spokesman Hashmat Stanekzai said the first suicide bomber in Kabul was on a motorbike while the second attacker was among the crowd of reporters who rushed to the scene of the first attack, pretending to be one of the media.
In a statement issued via its Amaq news agency, IS claimed responsibility for the blasts and said they targeted the headquarters of what the extremist group called the "renegade" Afghan intelligence services in Kabul. "He had worked for the BBC Afghan service for more than a year and had already established himself as a highly capable journalist who was a respected and popular member of the team", Jamie Angus, director of the BBC World Service, said.
Among them was Shah Marai, AFP's chief Kabul photographer.
"The deliberate targeting of journalists in the attack highlights once again the risks media professionals face in carrying out their essential work", Dujarric said, urging those responsible for such crimes be brought to justice.
Afghan President Asharf Ghani condemned the attacks.
Eight Romanian troops were injured in the suicide attack in Kandahar. The terror attacks struck during the rush hour on Monday (April 30) in a busy area Shash Darak in capital Kabul.
A cameraman from TOLO TV was also among the dead, Sediqullah Tawahidi, an official from the Afghan Journalists Safety Committee, said.
The twin bombings in Kabul came eight days after a suicide blast killed 60 people and wounded at least 120 outside a voter-registration center in the capital, a blow to efforts to hold long-delayed parliamentary elections in October.
The government in Kabul is also battling Taliban militants, who were driven from power by the U.S. -led invasion 17 years ago.
- Microsoft adds new Outlook features to Windows, Mac, mobile and the web
- Alcácer firma su primer gol como culé
- Newell`s derrotó a Defensa y Justicia en Rosario
- Aclara delegación BJ que no negó explanada a AMLO; estaba ya ocupada
- Tesla reporta pérdidas récord en el primer trimestre de 2018
- Con gol de Pratto, River clasificó a octavos de final
- Se emborrachó en un asado, discutió e incendió la casa
- John McCain Regrets His Palin Pick for the Wrong Reasons
- Masiva protesta contra Macron en París, con máxima seguridad
- Pole para Crutchlow con Pedrosa segundo — GP de España