The Citizens' 3-1 win over Brighton & Hove Albion in midweek brought up a number of records, including most goals scored in a single Premier League campaign and most points accrued with 97.
"Now we've broken all the records, we want to go for the three digits - 100 points", he told reporters after the Brighton win. "I never did it, but there's a great chance to rebuild it". Stoke was by then an established top-flight team that reached the FA Cup final in 2011 - losing 1-0 to Manchester City - and played in the Europa League the following year, but the style of football was increasingly turgid and among its most dangerous ploys was Rory Delap's long throw.
And his positive answer could open up to more speculation surrounding a potential move for the legendary City midfielder.
Stoke chiefs Peter and John Coates have now admitted they should have removed Hughes sooner than his January sacking, in the wake of the Staffordshire outfit's Premier League relegation.
"The beginning of the season was really very bad". Just one more assist takes him to the half-century and level with Mesut Ozil.
That Swansea host already-relegated Stoke in their final game of the season comes as scant comfort to supporters this week.
But their boss admits he will be keeping an eye on developments at the Liberty Stadium nonetheless.
That jubilant day must seem an all too distant memory for Swansea fans, some of whom couldn't curb their emotions here, and the cruel reality of relegation was the dark cloud looming over the venue at the full time whistle. It will therefore take a ten goal swing to take place for Swansea to survive.
Arsenal are unbeaten in their last 12 final Premier League games (W10 D2), winning the last six in a row.
"I know that the club have hinted that it won't be a huge summer for transfers, but I'm sure if City get word of a big-name player becoming available then they will definitely be in the mix".
Having been crowned PFA Player of the Year, Mohamed Salah was honored as the Football Writers' Player of the Year on Thursday night, hours after being crowned Liverpool 's Player of the Year. They will have accumulated 132 points in just three seasons. Thankfully, the win away at Swansea on Tuesday has essentially saved us from the drop.
The 26-year-old Turkish striker, who became somewhat of a cult figure in Istanbul, has to date bagged five goals in 13 league outings for the Toffees.
- Gato africano: Cómo llegó una de estas especies a Las Condes
- Dujovne volvió de Washington y se reunió con Macri por el FMI
- San Martín de San Juan despidió a Chacarita con una goleada
- Una valla del Centro Democrático en Bucaramanga suscita polémica en redes
- Descubren asteroide que aporta información sobre origen del sistema solar
- Arriban a Querétaro vehículos del Ejército y Fuerza Aérea
- Irán decidirá sobre pacto nuclear, tras consultas diplomáticas
- Concluye reunión de la Cepal
- Presidente de Guatemala recibe a vicepresidente de la India
- Máximo Kirchner condenó el acuerdo con el FMI: "Fueron desesperados a entregarse"